Thursday, September 26, 2013

More dragonflies....

Below are a couple from the park out back.  The first is a Common Green Darner which are pretty numerous now.  And a favorite food for migrating birds and raptors actually.  The second is an Autumn Meadowhawk.  If you look at the 'red' fall dragonflies you will see there is a variety among them.  Be it White Faced, Autumn, Cherry Faced, etc.  So you have to look close to tell the difference.  The big decider between Cherry Faced and Autumn are the leg colors (thanks to Ed Lam for this helpful hint!) and the black pattern on the abdomen.  I took some more of the Lance Tipped Darners that are cruising the soccer pitch but that would be getting a little redundant.  I am looking forward to getting out and taking pictures of birds when the chance arrives on Sunday!

I will try to show a couple pictures of my digiscoping system and their benefits.  I am using one right now but I am getting a connector to try the Nikon V1 out this weekend.  Once I have that together and try it I will write up my personal feelings on the subject.

Also, finally getting my soft stay on case for the Swarovski ATX95.  Seems Swarovski has been struggling getting these to market after some quality issues so I should receive it today from Eagle Optics.  So the photos of the system will have experience with all the contraptions involved.









No comments:

Post a Comment