Monday, October 28, 2013

Wigeons in Pamela Park.

In the pond behind our house we will often feed the ducks cracked corn.  It is a very small pond but we have about 70 mallards and 30 wood ducks on it.  Yesterday we were lucky to have a pair of American Wigeons on the pond.  These are new park birds for us.  It is a little strange seeing such a duck on a tiny pond surrounded by woods but there they are.  Last year we had Green Winged Teal as well.  As I walked Pamela Park I heard two Soras on the lake which was awfully late for them.  They were on the south entrance by where I found the Winter Wren Friday.

Still have White Throated Sparrows around.  It was a really slow year for Fox Sparrow compared to last year.  And a couple Ruby Crowned Kinglets yesterday.

The below photos are of the male and female Wigeon.  I used my Swarovski ATX95 and Sony RX100II attached via DCBII.  I have not really tried the V1 lately and it is tough to do when you compare the files with the RX100II.  If I ever need more reach I will use it most likely.  But the ATOS connector sucks a lot of light away while the DCB/w RX100 does not.




Next post will be on bird photography musings from my days of doing that as a hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment